The Two Main Types of Text Messages and Why They’re So Effective
There are two types of text messages, and you likely already use them both quite frequently:
- SMS – This stands for Short Message Service and refers to a text-only message. You probably have sent plenty of these in the past. In the restaurant industry, a text-only message may work best when sending out simple information like dates and times.
- MMS – A Multimedia Message Service is a text that uses an attachment, such as a picture or a sound file. You can also include text with an MMS. A picture is worth a thousand words, so rather than simply describe a new menu item, send a picture of it and get customers’ mouths watering.
But why are these messages so effective and convenient for customers and businesses? Check out the following data:
- Texting is the most widely used mobile app, with 97% of smartphone owners using it each day
- Texts have a 98% open rate, nearly five times higher than email
- Texts have a 45% response rate, over seven times higher than emails
- 75% of users prefer offers be sent by text
Texting is affordable, convenient, effective, and what your customers want you to use. Still want to learn more. Read on.
How Restaurants Can Use Texting to Increase Average Check Values
Promotions: Got a new dish? Or maybe you have a buy one/get one special to announce? No matter what you want to promote, texting can help you do it quickly and cheaply.
Company News: Keep your customers engaged via texting. Don't rely on the slim hope that the people you want to reach, follow you on social media or check their email in a timely manner. Most emails are deleted before being read or even blocked by a spam filter.
Restaurant Opening: Opening a new location? Make your restaurant opening SMS memorable with dates, times, addresses, and parking tips. If feasible, make it an MMS with your signature dishes to really get customers’ mouths watering! Give your customers a call to action and watch them flock to your events.
Customer Satisfaction: Yes, you can even use texting just to make your customers smile. We help you set up recurring texts for birthdays, holidays greetings, and also just to say hello. You can also use our platform to text out reservation confirmations and other info, all of which positively affect customers’ likelihood of choosing your restaurant over the one next door.
4 Ways a Small Restaurant on a Small Budget Can Grow Their Business. Unlock the power of SMS and Proximity Marketing.
Have a small restaurant and very little capital available for marketing? And wondering how to get the word out about your business? Just because your current budget is small doesn’t mean that your marketing can’t have an impact. Did you know there are a few effective ways to market a restaurant that requires very little investment?
Use Proximity Marketing
Customers are Frequently Looking at their Phones
How cool is that!
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!